How to Choose the Best WordPress Hosting Company in 2020
If you are looking out to start a blog or a website (or create a WordPress website similar to Netflix, Amazon, 9GAG, Airbnb with the WordPress themes we curate on this website), then you must be looking for the best WordPress hosting providers. There are hundreds of providers claiming to be ”the best WordPress hosting company” out there, but which are truly worth considering? This guide focuses on answering this question and simplifies the decision of choosing the best hosting company in 2020, getting the best value for your money based on your business needs.
Which WordPress Hosting Provider is Best for You?
You should consider these factors when choosing a fast, secure and reliable WordPress hosting company:
- One-click installation - If you are not tech-savvy, then you may find it challenging to download and install WordPress software, create databases, access FTP. Therefore, your host should provide a 1-click solution to install the WordPress software on your site. Even for proficient users who manage multiple WordPress installs, a one-click setup system saves a lot of time. All hosting providers listed on the page offer this and more, such as essential plugin installation and some of them even have in-house security and caching plugins they offer for free automatically.
- Price Affordability - Most of the WordPress hosting companies claim to be fast, secure and reliable, with high performance. Most of them offer shared hosting solutions (generic but very affordable, huge value for money, and with some WordPress-related features). Others sell more pricey managed solutions that are specialized in optimizing WordPress performance, speed, and security, for example.
- Speed - How fast are your web pages and web content loaded? Loading speed is another key feature to look for when choosing a web hosting company. Google loves to highly rank fast loading pages. If your server is not blazingly fast, and the visitors have to wait longer for text and graphics to load over time, you’ll lose your ranking and visitors. Therefore, your WordPress hosting should have unbeatable loading speed to entertain your visitors and keep them on the website.
- Security - A WordPress hosting company should provide a robust security system that keeps your website secure from malware or hackers who attempt to brick your site. All hosting companies handpicked on this page offer all-in-one website security systems.
- Backups and updates - WordPress hosting providers listed here have daily backup systems. First of all, this acts as a safety measure, so you can never lose your work. Moreover, you are free to experiment and, if things go out of hand, you can roll-back at any time to a stable version. Automatic updates are also important for keeping your software up-to-date. These make you are using the latest technologies and save you time when managing software versions.
- Support - The most important aspect, we believe, is how a hosting company handles support for its customers. There are so many technical aspects involved and so many intricacies revolving around a web hosting account and setup, that you will inevitably need a 24/7 dedicated support team. That's why, in handpicking hosting providers for this list, we took into account Trustpilot reviews and ratings from thousands of real customers.
Quick Recap and Conclusion
When choosing a WordPress hosting company, you should be are interested in speed, security, the latest technologies, affordability, user-friendliness and, most importantly, reliable and always available support. Our collection of handpicked hosting provider options is great to get you started on your next project.